Mount question.

  • stigslims
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
      Hi peeps, very new Unix/Linux/Plug user but finding it very interesting. My question surrounds the USB stick with Optware installed. I am looking to make sure that everything returns to normal after a power failure.My first hurdle is the mounting of the Stick on reboot.Is there anyway i can do this?. I figure it would have somthing to do with init.d. Any help would be good thanks in advance.
    • OddballHero
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2012

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2012
          OK cheers Oddball but as I said I am a boobies. I get the file (search all drives for opt under sbin just not quite getting where it goes. Sorry if it seems simple,still learning.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2012
            So you didn't read line 10 of readme.txt?

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 10, 2012
              I did when you pointed it out (n00b alert). So backup and edit the rcs file to look for the mount_optextX file. Then download it and make it executeable. Two questions, 1 how to wget?, i know how it works but not sure on the format eg Wget http???????????. And second does it matter wher the mount_optextX file goes?, or does the rcs look pretty much everywhere until it finds it no matter where i might have stuck it?. Thanks for your help. I think i am learning Unix/Linux from the wrong end lol.