Re: weechat 0.3.8 and python plugin

  • samjack_it
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2012
      ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
      thanks

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > I just tentatively added python and lua plugin when upgrading weechat to 0.3.8. The reason we didn't have that, is because of some complication involved in cross-compilation.
      >
      > I have not done any runtime test. Please give it a try, and report problem if any.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > -Brian
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I am very new with nslu2 and unslung, but I've a question.
      > > why current version (0.3.7) of weechat optware package has no plugin support (python, perl, ecc)? maybe there are compile limits or it is a choice to avoid problems with multiple interpreters.
      > >
      > > yesterday weechat team released version 0.3.8. there is a plan to build new version with python plugin support?
      > >
      > > Thank to all for great work with nslu2 modding

    • samjack_it
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2012
        I've tried with no success.
        First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
        resolved downloading package manually.

        then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with

        Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

        NB I've installed only python2.6 package

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 22, 2012
          i found the problem and fixed. now python plugin is loaded correctly

          here is the patch for the weechat.mk:

          https://www.box.com/s/1ede11d27683b8a3dd96

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@...> wrote:

          > I've tried with no success.
          > First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
          > resolved downloading package manually.
          >
          > then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with
          >
          > Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct
          >
          > NB I've installed only python2.6 package
          >

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
          > >
          > > ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
          > > thanks
          > >
          > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I just tentatively added python and lua plugin when upgrading weechat to 0.3.8. The reason we didn't have that, is because of some complication involved in cross-compilation.
          > > >
          > > > I have not done any runtime test. Please give it a try, and report problem if any.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > >
          > > > -Brian

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 23, 2012
            Thanks for the patch. Integrated.

            We can give you svn access to optware if you'd like.

            -Brian

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@...> wrote:

            > i found the problem and fixed. now python plugin is loaded correctly
            >
            > here is the patch for the weechat.mk:
            >
            > https://www.box.com/s/1ede11d27683b8a3dd96
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've tried with no success.
            > > First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
            > > resolved downloading package manually.
            > >
            > > then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with
            > >
            > > Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct
            > >
            > > NB I've installed only python2.6 package
            > >

            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
            > > > thanks

          • jwon042
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 11, 2012
              Hello, thank you for getting Python and Lua support for weechat! I appreciate it very much!

              Will Perl support ever be added? A lot of the scripts for weechat are written for Perl as well.

              I can help develop/test Perl integration into weechat if you can point me in the right direction or let me know what the issues are!

              Thank you for your support thus far!