Re: weechat 0.3.8 and python plugin

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
      I just tentatively added python and lua plugin when upgrading weechat to 0.3.8. The reason we didn't have that, is because of some complication involved in cross-compilation.

      I have not done any runtime test. Please give it a try, and report problem if any.

      Thanks,

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am very new with nslu2 and unslung, but I've a question.
      > why current version (0.3.7) of weechat optware package has no plugin support (python, perl, ecc)? maybe there are compile limits or it is a choice to avoid problems with multiple interpreters.
      >
      > yesterday weechat team released version 0.3.8. there is a plan to build new version with python plugin support?
      >
      > Thank to all for great work with nslu2 modding

    • samjack_it
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2012
        ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
        thanks

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2012
          I've tried with no success.
          First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
          resolved downloading package manually.

          then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with

          Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

          NB I've installed only python2.6 package

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 2012
            i found the problem and fixed. now python plugin is loaded correctly

            here is the patch for the weechat.mk:

            https://www.box.com/s/1ede11d27683b8a3dd96

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 23, 2012
              Thanks for the patch. Integrated.

              We can give you svn access to optware if you'd like.

              -Brian

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@...> wrote:

              > i found the problem and fixed. now python plugin is loaded correctly
              >
              > here is the patch for the weechat.mk:
              >
              > https://www.box.com/s/1ede11d27683b8a3dd96
              >
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I've tried with no success.
              > > First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
              > > resolved downloading package manually.
              > >
              > > then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with
              > >
              > > Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct
              > >
              > > NB I've installed only python2.6 package
              > >

              > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
              > > > thanks

            • jwon042
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 11, 2012
                Hello, thank you for getting Python and Lua support for weechat! I appreciate it very much!

                Will Perl support ever be added? A lot of the scripts for weechat are written for Perl as well.

                I can help develop/test Perl integration into weechat if you can point me in the right direction or let me know what the issues are!

                Thank you for your support thus far!