weechat 0.3.8 and python plugin

  • samjack_it
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi all,

      I am very new with nslu2 and unslung, but I've a question.
      why current version (0.3.7) of weechat optware package has no plugin support (python, perl, ecc)? maybe there are compile limits or it is a choice to avoid problems with multiple interpreters.

      yesterday weechat team released version 0.3.8. there is a plan to build new version with python plugin support?

      Thank to all for great work with nslu2 modding
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
        I just tentatively added python and lua plugin when upgrading weechat to 0.3.8. The reason we didn't have that, is because of some complication involved in cross-compilation.

        I have not done any runtime test. Please give it a try, and report problem if any.

        Thanks,

        -Brian

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2012
          ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
          thanks

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2012
            I've tried with no success.
            First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
            resolved downloading package manually.

            then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with

            Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

            NB I've installed only python2.6 package

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2012
              i found the problem and fixed. now python plugin is loaded correctly

              here is the patch for the weechat.mk:

              https://www.box.com/s/1ede11d27683b8a3dd96

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 23, 2012
                Thanks for the patch. Integrated.

                We can give you svn access to optware if you'd like.

                -Brian

                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@...> wrote:

                > i found the problem and fixed. now python plugin is loaded correctly
                >
                > here is the patch for the weechat.mk:
                >
                > https://www.box.com/s/1ede11d27683b8a3dd96
                >
                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I've tried with no success.
                > > First ipkg try to download 0.3.7 version and failure. I don't know why. (obviously I run ipkg update and list command show 0.3.8 version number)
                > > resolved downloading package manually.
                > >
                > > then I run weechat: the lua plugin id loaded correctly, but the python one fails with
                > >
                > > Error: unable to load plugin "/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so":/opt/lib/weechat/plugins/python.so: undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct
                > >
                > > NB I've installed only python2.6 package
                > >

                > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "samjack_it" <samjack@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > ok. I will try next weekend and report here results
                > > > thanks

              • jwon042
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2012
                  Hello, thank you for getting Python and Lua support for weechat! I appreciate it very much!

                  Will Perl support ever be added? A lot of the scripts for weechat are written for Perl as well.

                  I can help develop/test Perl integration into weechat if you can point me in the right direction or let me know what the issues are!

                  Thank you for your support thus far!