video streaming constant stutter on pogoplug with samba

  • Jackie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2012
      I have successfully install samba on my pogoplug using optware and I stream video to my briteview media player. I find that the video stutter constantly on different video files that are played just fine if the usb drive is plugged directly to the briteview media player. I had previously install samba using archlinuxarm and I never had this stutter problem. I was wondering if anyone know if there is a way to stuttering like changing some configuration? I have now installed swat.
    • OddballHero
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2012
        Samba is pretty much samba no matter the distribution.  Copy from your ARM settings
        socket options in smb.conf (such as socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=131072 SO_SNDBUF=65535).  You can fine tune the values.  See socket options in http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Samba.%c2%a0 Actually search the site or google the topic.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2012
          Sorry, I meant ALARM (archlinuxarm).