how to get Samba to NOT show flash drive

  • Jackie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2012
      I have successfully installed samba on the flash drive for my pink pogoplug. When I go to windows network, I can see all the drives attached to the pogoplug. But I don't want anyone in the family to accidentally open the thumb drive and mess up anything. Is there a way to hide the thumb drive so it doesn't show up in the network? right now I have it set up in smb.conf as

      [Clouds]
      comment = Share all Cloud Engines drives.
      path = /tmp/.cemnt
    • bruce turrie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2012
        The path statement

        path = /tmp/.cemnt

        includes all your drive mount points. To see only a specific mount point, say /sdb1, change your path statement to:

        path = /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sdb1

        I'm presuming here that your optware drive is /sda1, and that's the one you don't want to see. If you want to have another drive you want to see you'll need to set up a second share in smb.conf. Following your example it might look something like:

        [Another]
        comment = Share another drive.
        path = /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sdc1