Re: Dlink 624 doesn't work well with NSLU2

  • Todd O. Klindt
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2005
      Once I disabled uPNP on my DI-624 and my NSLU2 it became rock
      solid. It has not dropped off once since I did that.

      tk
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, unix fan <unix_fan@y...> wrote:
      > Folks: we've seen numerous prior reports that the
      > Dlink 624 has problems with the NSLU2. You'll either
      > return the NSLU2 or go get a Dlink 624 (I suggest an
      > inexpensive Linksys).
      >
      > In just this last message digest we see two related
      > messages on point:
      >
      > > From: "Kevin Wood" <kevinwood@y...>
      > > Subject: NSLU2 disconnects
      > [snip]
      > > it periodically disconnects from the network. Can't
      > > figure out why.
      > [snip]
      > > It is connected to a D-Link 624 router/hub,
      >
      > And then later we see:
      >
      > > From: "j_o_h_n_d_p" <j_o_h_n_d_p@y...>
      > > Subject: Problems connecting to the web page
      > configuration tool
      > [snip]
      > > ... can never completely set up the unit, it hangs
      > > espcieally when configuring shares.
      > > The unit is plugged into my DI -624 dlink router
      >
      > It's a bad combo.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • j_o_h_n_d_p
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2005
        This worked perfect!! This now conection is now rock solid and i can
        now transfer files larger than 100k.
        The web configuration tool now works perfectly and the connection
        never drops.
        Even moved a 4GB folder, it took an hour and a half. But it worked.

        Thanks, John

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Todd O. Klindt" <nslu2@k...> wrote:

        > Once I disabled uPNP on my DI-624 and my NSLU2 it became rock
        > solid. It has not dropped off once since I did that.
        >
        > tk
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, unix fan <unix_fan@y...> wrote:
        > > Folks: we've seen numerous prior reports that the
        > > Dlink 624 has problems with the NSLU2. You'll either
        > > return the NSLU2 or go get a Dlink 624 (I suggest an
        > > inexpensive Linksys).
        > >
        > > In just this last message digest we see two related
        > > messages on point:
        > >
        > > > From: "Kevin Wood" <kevinwood@y...>
        > > > Subject: NSLU2 disconnects
        > > [snip]
        > > > it periodically disconnects from the network. Can't
        > > > figure out why.
        > > [snip]
        > > > It is connected to a D-Link 624 router/hub,
        > >
        > > And then later we see:
        > >
        > > > From: "j_o_h_n_d_p" <j_o_h_n_d_p@y...>
        > > > Subject: Problems connecting to the web page
        > > configuration tool
        > > [snip]
        > > > ... can never completely set up the unit, it hangs
        > > > espcieally when configuring shares.
        > > > The unit is plugged into my DI -624 dlink router
        > >
        > > It's a bad combo.

        > > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • unix fan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 20, 2005
          I went to update the wiki based on the current
          discussion.
          Seems like Question 27 in the FAQ addresses this topic
          already.

          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/FAQ

          [snip]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Todd O. Klindt
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 20, 2005
            Could you edit it to read that shutting uPNP off on the NSLU2 and
            the DLINK will increase the reliablity? Some folks have shut off
            uPNP on just the NSLU2 and still had troubles. Shutting uPNP off on
            the router as well seemed to help.

          • unix fan
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2005
              Consider it done - my first wiki update.
              Check out the update to the FAQ, question #27.
              Hopefully this will save some Dlink 624 owners time
              and frustration.

              > Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:44:08 -0000
              > From: "Todd O. Klindt" <nslu2@...>
              > Subject: c
              >

              > Could you edit it to read that shutting uPNP off on
              > the NSLU2 and
              > the DLINK will increase the reliablity? Some folks
              > have shut off uPNP on just the NSLU2 and still
              > had troubles. Shutting uPNP off on
              > the router as well seemed to help.
              >
              > tk
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, unix fan
              > <unix_fan@y...> wrote:
              > > I went to update the wiki based on the current
              > > discussion.
              > > Seems like Question 27 in the FAQ addresses this
              > topic
              > > already.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • autofree2002