Missing arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld?

  • Adam Novak
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2011
      Hello,

      I think I've found a bug, but I'm not sure what to report it against.
      Here's the reproduction method and workaround:

      1. Install the package manager (ipkg-opt) on an HP Touchpad through Preware.
      2. Resize the tiny default /opt loopback (/media/cryptofs/optware.ext3) to 2GB.
      3. Install package 'optware-devel', which pulls in Perl, GCC, etc.:
      # ipkg-opt install optware-devel
      4. Try to install the Perl Crypt::Rijndael module from CPAN:
      # cpan Crypt::Rijndael

      This fails with an error stating that make could not find
      "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld". The rest of the toolchain seems to exist
      with similar names (i.e. "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc") in /opt/bin,
      and there is a plain "ld" in /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld. There
      is also an ld in /opt/bin/ld which is identical.

      As a workaround, I added a symlink /opt/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld,
      pointing to /opt/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld. This allowed the Perl
      module to compile its binary component successfully.

      The fix would most likely be to add a copy/link to ld with the name
      that Perl is expecting, since the rest of the toolchain has
      similarly-named files and was found just fine.