Add Bluetooth Support to Dockstar?

  • joe_junkmailman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2011
      Hello All,
      I have a Seagate GoFlex Home Plug, which essentially is a dockstar
      variation. I am thinking about attaching a USB bluetooth dongle to it
      and making it be able to communicate with Panasonic Link-to-Cell
      Cordless Phone. Apparently it doesn't have any bluetooth drivers
      installed. I have to do it all by myself. Now, I have optware on it.
      My questions are
      1) Which brands/models USB bluetooth dongles does this dockstar support?
      Broadcom chipset based?2) Where can I find those workable USB drivers?
      Is there any Linux USB driver repository?
      Any clues? Your any help is greatly appreciated!
      TIA,S.

    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2011
        For your sanity's sake, you may want to try Archlinuxarm http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/seagate-goflex-home (your best bet) or see if somebody has got Emdebian running on it (google Jeff Doozan or OpenStora). I have GoFlex Nets and they seem to be more straightforward than the GoFlex Home (I don't have one so I don't know but I believe it uses HipServ OS). You could always try to compile kernel modules but that may be more work than you care for.