Re: [nslu2-general] How can I gain full access to NSLU2 formatted drive when connnecting it directly to a LinuxPC

  • Fajar A. Nugraha
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
      On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Sledge Hammer
      <sledgebeast@...> wrote:
      > Skip my last reply. I am in as root and now can write to the NSLU2 drive.
      > Next stupid question.... Is there a way to make my origional account able to write to this drive without having to login as root?

      Yes, but it's not recommended.

      - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_permission
      - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chown
      - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod

      a relatively "safe" way (maybe. I never tested it on nslu) is to run
      chown or chmod only on the directory you're interested in. Something
      - chown -R your_username /media/nslu-drive/path/to/where/your/folders/will/be
      - chmod -R 777 /media/nslu-drive/path/to/where/your/folders/will/be

      The key here is to ONLY change owner or permission of a particular
      folder, NOT the whole nslu drive.