Alternative to NSLU2 Atom! Revo R3610's Developed this:

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
      Using my Acer Revo sucking a mere 4 watts I was able to develop and render this cool 3D PDF app, watch hulu and get backed up by mozy evy 2 hrs without a hitch., Now check this out for what 300 bucks in computing power can do:

      Free PDF document (required Acrobat) that opens into a fully 3d Senic world,
      complete with stream and sluice box. Pyrite Pete will demonstrate his sluicin
      techniques. Explore all teh views, and dont miss the "Bug Cam". Enjoy this
      while I make my day in the Cargo Muchacho's

      http://goldpeeps.com/goldpeeps_virtual_sluice_gold_fly.pdf

      Apple I-Phone and I-Pad apps are available also for free from the home page
      http://goldpeeps.com so you can even get yer gold on the Subway!

      Thats what you get a from a prospector with too much time to develop on his
      hands ;)

      ... and yes it _admit_ also runs unix... but I use win 7 mostly on it. Well it looks like my NSLU2 anyways.
    • Ralph Finch
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2011
        Interesting gizmo (the Acer Revo) but it comes with a 250 GB hard
        drive...surely uses more than 4 watts.

        On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Peter <pabmartin@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Using my Acer Revo sucking a mere 4 watts I was able to develop and render
        > this cool 3D PDF app, watch hulu and get backed up by mozy evy 2 hrs
        > without a hitch., Now check this out for what 300 bucks in computing power
        > can do:

      • twinclouds
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2011
          I used to have an Acer Revo (N230 based) as well.  However, it always consume more than 10-12 watts even when it is idle.  Unless your Revo is based on an different processor, I don't think it is possible to consume only 4 watts.