Re: [nslu2-general] File (gdb-6.5.tar.bz2) not exist error when compling package for ddwrt

  • Smlacc1
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2011
      Yeah sorry thats what i meant - change gdb_version from 6.5 to 6.5a.

      If not, download the file to the "packages" subfolder and rename it. This may not work though if the Tar file untars to gdb-6.5a. But worth a try if the first method fails.

      Smlacc

      On 2011-08-31, at 5:45 PM, twinclouds <twinclouds2004@...> wrote:

      > Thanks. However, when I checked the gdb.mk file, there is no gdb-6.5.tar.bz2 file. It was calculated and give the value to GDB_VERSION. For the second approach, which subdirectory you are talking about. Could you elaborate further? Thanks in advance again.
      >
      > ________________________________

    • twinclouds
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
        Hi, Smlacc1
        Thanks for your direction.  I dowloaded the gdb-6.5a.tar.bz2 file and put it in the ddwrt/downloads/ folder then renamed it to gdb-6.5.tar.bz2.  My compilation proceeded without problem.  I generated the latest asterisk18-6.0 and tested it works.
        I really appreciate your help.
        One more question if you or some can answer, if I want to make changes in one of the source file, is there anyway to do this without using patch files?  Namely, can I directly edit the source file.  How I would be sure that the source file will not be downloaded again when I do a make?
        Thanks in advance.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
          Yeah, ive done that before too. Untar the file in your downloads directory, and then make the changes to the source there. Then delete the original tar file, and recreate it from the untarred folder ( "tar-xjvf progname-version.tar.bz2 untarredfoldername" if its a bz2 file, "tar-xzvf progname-version.tar.gz untarredfoldername" if its a gzip file). This should preserve the changes you made to the source. Creating a patch file is more flexible, particularly as it may still work for a newer verson of the package etc.

          Good luck,
          Smlacc

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
            Smlacc:
            Thanks.  I am not too familiar with the patch file.  Is it sufficient to diff the two file to generate the diff file, rename it to be a patch file, and then put it in the patch folder?