Re: [nslu2-general] Samba

  • bruce turrie
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2011
      I don't use SWAT myself, but if smbd isn't running then Samba isn't working. You might try running:

      testparm

      Running testparm is usually a good idea after making changes to samba configuration. In this case it will tell you if you have
      any samba configuration errors that are keeping smbd from running. If so presumably they can be fixed using SWAT or by directly editing:

      /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf

      There are multiple examples of working smb.conf files for pogoplugs on the internet you can compare your file with. There's one here:

      https://turriebuntu.wordpress.com/pogoplugdockstar-pages/add-samba-to-your-pogoplug/

      Other than that I guess I'd need more information before I could help much.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2011
        To check to see if smbd and nmbd is running, Try "ps |grep mbd" or "ps -ef|grep mbd" if you added the extra utils packages. Also there have been problems with samba2, you might want to change to samba3. See http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Plugadditions bottom of the page. If you are still having problems, might need a copy of your smb.conf to check, the ps status, the "mount" status, and "df -h".