Re: Samba 2 bug?

  • oddballhero
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2011
      Ok, samba2 is performing as you said with the addition that copying from the plug to the Windows 7 machine with a file between 2-4 GB works (unidirectionally). You can remove samba2 after backing up your /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf (just in case) and install samba3. The NSLU2 OpenWrt page has a sample smb.conf http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenWrt/HomePage .

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "paulvaida" <paulvaida@...> wrote:

      > I installed optware on my pogoplug v2.
      > I also installed samba2 and swat. I share my 1TB WD connected to the pogoplug. When I try to copy files from my PC (Windows7 x64) to the share, if the file is 2-4GB in size I get this error:"There is not enough space on CloudB(\\POGOPLUG)".
      > I don't get this error when I copy files larger than 4GB.
      > I'd like to know if this is a known bug and if there is a workaround.
      > I thought of installing samba3, but I'm new to Linux, and without a detailed guide, I don't think I can manage.
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      > Thanks.

    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2011