Samba 2 bug?

  • paulvaida
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2011
      I installed optware on my pogoplug v2.
      I also installed samba2 and swat. I share my 1TB WD connected to the pogoplug. When I try to copy files from my PC (Windows7 x64) to the share, if the file is 2-4GB in size I get this error:"There is not enough space on CloudB(\\POGOPLUG)".
      I don't get this error when I copy files larger than 4GB.
      I'd like to know if this is a known bug and if there is a workaround.
      I thought of installing samba3, but I'm new to Linux, and without a detailed guide, I don't think I can manage.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.
    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2011
        Read this post first:
        http://www.pogoplugged.com/forum/thread/17089/HD-full-but-is-not-even-close/ Make sure to read through the links on the first reply post.
        Next:
        Would like to see the result of "df -h"
        Would like to see smb.conf.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "paulvaida" <paulvaida@...> wrote:

        > I installed optware on my pogoplug v2.
        > I also installed samba2 and swat. I share my 1TB WD connected to the pogoplug. When I try to copy files from my PC (Windows7 x64) to the share, if the file is 2-4GB in size I get this error:"There is not enough space on CloudB(\\POGOPLUG)".
        > I don't get this error when I copy files larger than 4GB.
        > I'd like to know if this is a known bug and if there is a workaround.
        > I thought of installing samba3, but I'm new to Linux, and without a detailed guide, I don't think I can manage.
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        > Thanks.

      • oddballhero
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2011
          Ok, samba2 is performing as you said with the addition that copying from the plug to the Windows 7 machine with a file between 2-4 GB works (unidirectionally). You can remove samba2 after backing up your /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf (just in case) and install samba3. The NSLU2 OpenWrt page has a sample smb.conf http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/OpenWrt/HomePage .

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "paulvaida" <paulvaida@...> wrote:

          > I installed optware on my pogoplug v2.
          > I also installed samba2 and swat. I share my 1TB WD connected to the pogoplug. When I try to copy files from my PC (Windows7 x64) to the share, if the file is 2-4GB in size I get this error:"There is not enough space on CloudB(\\POGOPLUG)".
          > I don't get this error when I copy files larger than 4GB.
          > I'd like to know if this is a known bug and if there is a workaround.
          > I thought of installing samba3, but I'm new to Linux, and without a detailed guide, I don't think I can manage.
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          > Thanks.

        • oddballhero
          Message 4 of 4 , May 24, 2011