Re: [nslu2-general] OWW installation

  • David Campbell
    Message 1 of 14 , May 20, 2011
      I was wondering if someone could try and recompile under the latest Unslug
      build to fix the issues with the USB access

      I gave up trying to get work around but am concerned if my existing
      installation ever dies that I will be out of business. I am a hacker and not
      a programmer so I rely on the skills and expertise of others.

      Thanks in advance for any support.

      GSV_NFA wrote:

      >> # ipkg install -force-reinstall -force-overwrite -force-downgrade
      >> http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk
      >> Downloading
      >> http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk
      >> Installing libusb (0.1.12-2) to root...
      >> Downloading
      >> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/libusb_0.1.12-2_armeb.ipk
      >> Configuring libusb
      >> Collected errors:
      >> Multiple packages (libusb and libusb) providing same name marked HOLD or
      >> PREFER. Using latest.
      >> Multiple packages (libusb and libusb) providing same name marked HOLD or
      >> PREFER. Using latest.
      >> #
      > Ok, so ipkg is ignoring its own flags now. This is getting VERY
      > frustrating! Exactly where/why does it install 0.1.12-2 ??

    • GSV_NFA
      Message 2 of 14 , May 21, 2011
        SUCCESS!!
        I got an email from Simon Melhueish (oww author) who pointed me in the
        direction of the older version of oww:
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/oww/files/oww/0.82.1/
        I then uninstalled the current 83.1 version, installed 82.1 from the above
        link, but still had no luck: the package just stopped responding.
        I then tried downgrading the libusb package again to 0.1.12-1 but still the
        same error and continued to run 0.1.12-2.
        Then the sneaky bit: grabbed the older /opt/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4 and
        libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4 files from a backup and copied them into the current
        /opt/lib/ directory and restarted the Slug.
        BY GOLLY IT WORKED! :-) Sluggy now pumping out the weather info once again
        at www.hyland.tk

        Message 3 of 14 , May 22, 2011
          Any chance you could emai me those two libusb files ?

          GSV_NFA wrote:

          > SUCCESS!!
          > I got an email from Simon Melhueish (oww author) who pointed me in the
          > direction of the older version of oww:
          > http://sourceforge.net/projects/oww/files/oww/0.82.1/
          > I then uninstalled the current 83.1 version, installed 82.1 from the above
          > link, but still had no luck: the package just stopped responding.
          > I then tried downgrading the libusb package again to 0.1.12-1 but still
          > the same error and continued to run 0.1.12-2.
          > Then the sneaky bit: grabbed the older /opt/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4 and
          > libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4 files from a backup and copied them into the current
          > /opt/lib/ directory and restarted the Slug.
          > BY GOLLY IT WORKED! :-) Sluggy now pumping out the weather info once
          > again at www.hyland.tk
          >

          > David Campbell wrote:
          >>
          >> I was wondering if someone could try and recompile under the latest
          >> Unslug build to fix the issues with the USB access

        • swiftarf
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 16, 2013
            Hi,
            I'm having the same frustration with ipkg and trying to downgrade
            libusb_0.1.12-2. Would you mind e-mailing me the 2 .so files you used in
            your workaround please?
            Thanks,
            Simon