NSLU2 turning itself off right after I turn it on (Digest Number 1746)

  • Mai Kee Reis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 11:30 AM
      It is the Power Supply Unit.
      Believe us. It is.
      Get any new one, 5V=, 2+A is okay.
      If the plug does not fit, cut a piece of the old cable off and attach it
      (with soldering iron) to the new PSU. But beware +/- orientation (best
      to use a voltmeter on the old plug before cutting the old cable)

      Greetings,
      Mai K.

      > 1. NSLU2 turning itself off right after I turn it on
      > Posted by: "salvatore.iovene" salvatore@... salvatore.iovene
      > Date: Sat May 14, 2011 8:09 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Hi,
      > I'm suddenly having trouble with my NSLU2 running Unslung 6.10.
      >
      > When the Ethernet cable or a USB device are connected, as soon as I turn it on, it will go off right away. That is, after half a second or so, the Ready/Status light will switch from orange to off.
      >
      > If nothing is connected, the NSLU2 will stay on for about 10 seconds, then the same will happen again.

    • Salvatore Iovene
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2011
        It was the power supply indeed. Thanks a lot!

        --
        Salvatore Iovene
        http://www.google.com/profiles/salvatore.iovene