dnsmasq IPv6 resolution (AAAA records)

  • Mai Kee Reis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 3:11 AM

      didn't found anything at the Kellys Web Site, so I hope you have the
      same issue...

      - My OS is "OpenSLUG 5.3/LE" + optware + dnsmasq (2.47-r0 via opkg)
      - So I have *no* IPv6 stack on the Slug
      - PC is querying a dns which only has IPv6 record (I know, it only has a
      IPv6 record: "v6.testmyipv6.com" )
      => Problem: dnsmasq answers with NX record

      Is this intentional? The AAAA content of DNS record is - for my
      understanding - also included in IPv4 based queries.
      So I expect the NSLU2/dnsmasq will ask the ISPs DNS server, get an
      answer and deliver it to my PC, regardless of "A" or "AAAA" content.
      The PC then can decide if using AAAA or A record.
      No need to have IPv6 kernel module in NSLU2, or am I wrong?

      unsure,
      Mai Kee