Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Bind was not starting on dockstar power-up. Looks like /opt/etc/init was corrupted

  • bruce turrie
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2011
      Yeah maybe this was an Openpogo install. Not sure when I switched over to
      Optware. In any event, I'm pretty sure I never edited the /opt/etc/init file at
      all, much less on a windows machine. I'm quite sure I did the initial setup of
      the flash drive from my Ubuntu desktop before moving it to the dockstar. I'm
      thinking maybe the original file had been edited on windows before I got it.
      That's I why I posted here in case someone else had the problem.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2011
        Probably the init script never worked, I have a feeling everybody that used Openpogo called the start scripts from rcS. At least that's how their guides indicated. Good idea about the post.