Re: Home Automation using NSLU2

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2011
      Cool!

      Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely have a look at it!

      vkr Martin

    • marcberlioux@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2011
        The web interface runs quite well on an iphone too.

        http://xmarc.free.fr/berlioux/electronique/boomerang/images/bommerang_on_iphone.jpg

        --
        Marc BERLIOUX -- M.C.S.E
        - Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert -
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2011
          About software

          Building an OpenWRT package from scratch is a bit complicated. As both command line and web interfaces are shell scripts, there is nothing to compile. I'll make a simple tarball and an install script. When I'm more familiar with creating OpenWRT packages I'll make a real package.

          packages dependencies for controlling the switches:
          busybox(cat,cut,echo,exit,expr,grep,rm,sleep,touch,tr,wc)
          bc
          i2c-tools
          uhttpd
          haserl

          Instead of luci, i use webif. I like the crontabs interface, the file editor..etc

          Work is in progress, but due to some pain in the back bone, it's slowing down.

          http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
          @+
          --
          Marc BERLIOUX
          Q: What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 12, 2011
            I've updated the pages.
            http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
            http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html

            And I've put the firmware i currently use for those who might want to test it:
            http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/downloads/openwrt-nslu2-squashfs.bin

            it contains everything to use the LCD display, USB storage, webif instead of LuCI, vsftpd, samba3, open2300, ...

            Work on the switches interfaces is in progress too. The messages used in the interfaces are now in separate files so they can be easily translated.

            --
            Marc BERLIOUX
            "La simplicité est le fruit d'un long travail"
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2 9:46 AM
              Those interested in Home automation will certainly excuse me for being so off-topic:

              This is for WRT54G/GL/GS with the mainboard in 'L'
              Features:
              - RS232 line adapter
              - 1-wire adapter for DS1820/DS18B20 thermal sensors
              - SD/MMC mod for logging temperature or kismet or WYL
              - 5V regulated power supply

              http://berlioux.com/electronique/wrt-sim/wrt-sim-en.html
              http://berlioux.com/electronique/wrt-sim/wrt-sim-fr.html

              All the software described work quite well.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 29 2:36 AM
                I have built an OpenWrt package of the Web and command line interfaces I made to control the Boomerang board. The package is called "domus" and is available in the Downloads section of the Boomerang board's page:
                http://xmarc.free.fr/berlioux/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
                I have also added a specific section to describe the software and its use.

                --
                Marc BERLIOUX--
                I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing.