Home Automation board for NSLU2

  • Marc Berlioux
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2011
      I'm a newcomer to this list
      I've designed some hardware that might interest some of you:
      http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
      in french:
      http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html
      thanks to the nslu2-linux.org web site
      --
      Marc BERLIOUX

    • Greg Holdren
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2011
        Marc,

        Thanks for sharing this!

        Greg

        On 3/28/2011 11:09 AM, Marc Berlioux wrote:
        > I'm a newcomer to this list
        > I've designed some hardware that might interest some of you:
        > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
        > in french:
        > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html
        > thanks to the nslu2-linux.org web site
        > --
        > Marc BERLIOUX

      • Marc Berlioux
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2011
          > Marc,

          > Thanks for sharing this!
          > Greg

          It's 1 year of hard work but :
          it's been made thanks to the free documentation from the nslu2-linux.org web
          site
          it's been made with free software
          it runs with free software
          it's been made on my free time

          I'm currently working on making an OpenWRT package of the Web and command line
          interfaces and separate the localisation layer from the actions layer IOT make
          translations easier.

          Maybe i'll put some Paypal buttons for those who might want to offer me a
          coffee, a beer or a pizza.

          Meanwhile, feel free to build your own !

          http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
          http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html

          --
          Marc BERLIOUX
          "The planet is not under any threat by homo sapiens.
          It will still be here long after we are extinguished."

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2011
            COOL!

            On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Marc Berlioux
            <marcberlioux@...>wrote:

            > I'm a newcomer to this list
            > I've designed some hardware that might interest some of you:
            > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
            > in french:
            > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html
            > thanks to the nslu2-linux.org web site
            > --
            > Marc BERLIOUX

          • Patrik
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
              Thats nice! And a good inspiration, I might not build the whole card but
              may use parts of it.

              Regards Patrik

              On 2011-03-30 18:49, Richard Hughes wrote:

              > COOL!
              >
              > On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Marc Berlioux
              > <marcberlioux@... <mailto:marcberlioux%40rocketmail.com>>wrote:
              >

              > > I'm a newcomer to this list
              > > I've designed some hardware that might interest some of you:
              > > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
              > > in french:
              > > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html
              > > thanks to the nslu2-linux.org web site
              > > --
              > > Marc BERLIOUX

            • Marc Berlioux
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
                Next one is for WRT54G
                it's a bit off-topic, but not that much
                http://berlioux.com/electronique/wrt-sim/wrt-sim.html

                features: RS232, 1-wire, SD card
                the documentation is in progress

                I've put some Paypal buttons on my boomerang pages for philantropic guys who
                want to support me
                regards
                --
                Marc BERLIOUX
                "Reality ? Isn't that where the pizza delivery guy comes from ? "

                ________________________________
                <marcberlioux@...>wrote:

                > I'm a newcomer to this list
                > I've designed some hardware that might interest some of you:
                > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html
                > in french:
                > http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-fr.html
                > thanks to the nslu2-linux.org web site
                > --
                > Marc BERLIOUX

              • Marc Berlioux
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2011
                  I can make some customised PCBs for those who have special needs
                  --
                  Marc BERLIOUX
                  "Learn from the mistakes of others, You'll never live long enough to

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 5, 2011
                    News:

                    I've put a picture of the Boomerang board in use :
                    http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomer … in_use.jpg

                    I've also made some cosmetic changes(menu) + a Downloads section. I'm writing some OpenWRT configuration paragraphs. There will be soon a link to a gallery detailing the making-of. It won't be long, I'm currently jobless so I have time to write documentation. Be patient

                    You can support me with Donations on the Boomerang Board pages:
                    http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomer … en.html#pp
                    http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomer … fr.html#pp

                    I've had a couple of donations and a very spicy pizza from a japanese guy:
                    http://berlioux.com/electronique/images/japanese-pizza.jpg
                    Thanks

                    I'm also looking for a cheap NSLU2 (in europe only, best wud be in france) for software development purpose. Mine is 24/7 in use...

                    And for a link pointing to a good tutorial about making packages for OpenWRT

                    CU
                    --
                    Marc BERLIOUX
                    "I prefer to think that God is not dead, just drunk" John Huston
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 5, 2011
                    • marcberlioux@rocketmail.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 6, 2011
                        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Carl Lowenstein <clowenstein@...> wrote:

                        > Try this for the in_use picture:
                        > <http://xmarc.free.fr/berlioux/electronique/boomerang/images/boomerang_in_use.jpg>
                        >
                        > --
                        > carl lowenstein� <clowenstein@...>

                        Thank you Carl. I don't know why the URLs have been truncated.
                        Best is however to use berlioux.com cause I'm about to move my hosting.

                        http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/images/boomerang_in_use.jpg
                        http://berlioux.com/electronique/boomerang/boomerang-en.html

                        --
                        Marc BERLIOUX
                        L'éternité c'est long, surtout vers la fin.