Re: NSLU2 Drops Shares on Disk2 Connection...

  • mshilly
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18 12:39 PM
      Rescans were already disabled.

      I moved my 300GB to the disk1 connection and (after having to recover
      my slug from a bad sysconfig area) I copied 140GB off to other disks
      and reformatted it and di the whole uNSLUng thing agian.

      Last night I copied about 120GB back to it from the 160GB disk (on
      disk2) and it did the copy at about 3.5MB/s without a hitch. I have
      not yet started the media server on it but I am hoping that it had
      something to do with the disk2 connection and the size of the disk.

      Still testing.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Lennart Börjeson
      <Lennart.Borjeson@c...> wrote:

      > Could it be that you drop shares when the mediaserver rescans the
      HD? Try
      > disabling automatic rescans and see what happens.
      >
      > /Lennart
      >
      > tisdagen den 15 februari 2005 20.20 skrev mshilly:
      > > Here's my setup:
      > >
      > > NSLU2 running uNSLUng Standard 3.16 Beta, Twonky Media Server 2.5
      > >
      > > Disk1 : 160GB 7200.7 Seagate in Vantec-Nextstar NST-350U2
      enclosure
      > > Contains ~100GB of data, MP4s, MP3s, JPEGs
      > >
      > > Disk2 : 300GB 7200.7 Seagate in Vantec-Nextstar NST-350U2
      enclosure
      > > Contains ~120GB of DVD Video(VOBs). No file is larger
      than 1G

      > > Problem: While reading or writing files (usually a 1GB file) to
      > > disk2, the Disk2 shares will disappear. To recover I have to
      power
      > > off Disk2 and reboot the NSLU2. THERE IS NOT DATA LOSS OR
      > > CORRUPTION, and reformatting is not necessary.
      > >
      > > This does not happen on every large file. I spent most of
      Saturday
      > > and Sunday copying files from Disk1 to Disk2. Disk2 disappeared a
      > > couple of times during the process. Now when I am watching video
      > > served up from the NSLU2 Disk2 share (reading a 1GB file), the
      video
      > > will freeze. I check the NSLU2 lights and all are on, however, I
      > > cannot cd to /share/flash/data/public. It is gone. All other
      NSLU2