RE: [nslu2-general] Re: unslung devel - ncurses not found?

  • Anthony Takata
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 18, 2011
      Correct, I did ipkg install ncurses-dev. It's in /opt/lib/ but somehow it's
      not being found.

      I was able to copy it to /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/lib, and that got
      rid of the missing library error, and I had to copy curses.h into
      /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/include .

      It appears to compile, but when I try to run it it gives me

      ./htop: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open

      I'm once again stumped. Just where does it expect these things to be?

      From: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 21, 2011
        Anyone?
        configure doesn't seem to mention where to put my libncurses.so.5 ...

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Takata" <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

        > Correct, I did ipkg install ncurses-dev. It's in /opt/lib/ but somehow it's
        > not being found.
        >
        > I was able to copy it to /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/lib, and that got
        > rid of the missing library error, and I had to copy curses.h into
        > /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/include .
        >
        > It appears to compile, but when I try to run it it gives me
        >
        > ./htop: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open
        >

        > I'm once again stumped. Just where does it expect these things to be?

      • karim kanso
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 21, 2011
          Possibly, your system requires ldconfig to be executed (as root) after
          changing libraries, it will finish installing them if needed.

          On 21 February 2011 08:15, htwiz2005 <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

          > Anyone?
          > configure doesn't seem to mention where to put my libncurses.so.5 ...
          >

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Takata" <htwiz2002@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Correct, I did ipkg install ncurses-dev. It's in /opt/lib/ but somehow
          > it's
          > > not being found.
          > >
          > > I was able to copy it to /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/lib, and that
          > got
          > > rid of the missing library error, and I had to copy curses.h into
          > > /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/include .
          > >
          > > It appears to compile, but when I try to run it it gives me
          > >
          > > ./htop: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot
          > open
          > > shared object file: No such file or directory
          > >

          > > I'm once again stumped. Just where does it expect these things to be?

        • Anthony Takata
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 21, 2011
            Ldconfig is not an available command/program.

            <mailto:htwiz2002%40gmail.com> > wrote:

            > Anyone?
            > configure doesn't seem to mention where to put my libncurses.so.5 ...
            >

            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com> , "Anthony Takata" <htwiz2002@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Correct, I did ipkg install ncurses-dev. It's in /opt/lib/ but somehow
            > it's
            > > not being found.
            > >
            > > I was able to copy it to /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/lib, and that
            > got
            > > rid of the missing library error, and I had to copy curses.h into
            > > /opt/armeb/arv5b-softfloat-linux/include .
            > >
            > > It appears to compile, but when I try to run it it gives me
            > >
            > > ./htop: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot
            > open
            > > shared object file: No such file or directory
            > >

            > > I'm once again stumped. Just where does it expect these things to be?
            > >

            > > From: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > Subject: RE: [nslu2-general] Re: unslung devel - ncurses not found?
            > >

            > > You have installed the ncurses-dev development libraries and not just
            the
            > > standard ones?
            > >
            > > David Mitchell
            > >
            > > From: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto: <mailto:%0b>