Re: updated ffmpeg from optware?

  • karim kanso
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
      Hi fxper,

      Ive had a similar problem with ffmpeg, although on the bluering target. I
      had to re-compile with a different configure options, also updated ffmpeg to
      the bleeding edge at the same time.

      I dont fully remember the steps I took, but essentially I downloaded the
      optware source, built the tool chain, and xcompiled ffmpeg into an opt
      package using the optware build system.

      I do remember that I followed the "add a package to optware" how to,
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware but instead of
      adding, I updated the ffmpeg Makefile (part of optware sources).

      It should be said, that although it is a lot of work and time getting the
      optware build system running, in the end its worth it as you can easily
      compile software for your device.

      Hope this is of help.
      Karim Kanso

      On 14 February 2011 20:07, fxper <fxper@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > The version of ffmpeg in optware that I'm using[1] on my device[2] is from
      > 2008:
      > ffmpeg - 0.svn20080409-3 - FFmpeg is an audio/video conversion tool.
      >
      > But more importantly, it doesn't support libfaac, so it can't remux mkv's:
      > Unknown encoder 'libfaac'
      >
      > I've tried compiling it myself but it's quite a tangled mess of
      > dependencies, and ends up failing.
      >
      > Would anyone be willing to update ffmpeg with libfaac support for the
      > cs08q1armel optware feed?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > [1]
      > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/Packages.gz
      > [2] Synology DS211j, Linux DiskStation 2.6.32.12 #1354 Sat Oct 23 00:49:24
      > CST 2010 armv5tel GNU/Linux

    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
        If you go to http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/stable/Packages . You can look up the package and contact the maintainer.