updated ffmpeg from optware?

  • fxper
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
      Hi all,

      The version of ffmpeg in optware that I'm using[1] on my device[2] is from 2008:
      ffmpeg - 0.svn20080409-3 - FFmpeg is an audio/video conversion tool.

      But more importantly, it doesn't support libfaac, so it can't remux mkv's: Unknown encoder 'libfaac'

      I've tried compiling it myself but it's quite a tangled mess of dependencies, and ends up failing.

      Would anyone be willing to update ffmpeg with libfaac support for the cs08q1armel optware feed?

      Thanks!

      [1] http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/Packages.gz
      [2] Synology DS211j, Linux DiskStation 2.6.32.12 #1354 Sat Oct 23 00:49:24 CST 2010 armv5tel GNU/Linux
    • karim kanso
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
        Hi fxper,

        Ive had a similar problem with ffmpeg, although on the bluering target. I
        had to re-compile with a different configure options, also updated ffmpeg to
        the bleeding edge at the same time.

        I dont fully remember the steps I took, but essentially I downloaded the
        optware source, built the tool chain, and xcompiled ffmpeg into an opt
        package using the optware build system.

        I do remember that I followed the "add a package to optware" how to,
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware but instead of
        adding, I updated the ffmpeg Makefile (part of optware sources).

        It should be said, that although it is a lot of work and time getting the
        optware build system running, in the end its worth it as you can easily
        compile software for your device.

        Hope this is of help.
        Karim Kanso

        On 14 February 2011 20:07, fxper <fxper@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > The version of ffmpeg in optware that I'm using[1] on my device[2] is from
        > 2008:
        > ffmpeg - 0.svn20080409-3 - FFmpeg is an audio/video conversion tool.
        >
        > But more importantly, it doesn't support libfaac, so it can't remux mkv's:
        > Unknown encoder 'libfaac'
        >
        > I've tried compiling it myself but it's quite a tangled mess of
        > dependencies, and ends up failing.
        >
        > Would anyone be willing to update ffmpeg with libfaac support for the
        > cs08q1armel optware feed?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > [1]
        > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/Packages.gz
        > [2] Synology DS211j, Linux DiskStation 2.6.32.12 #1354 Sat Oct 23 00:49:24
        > CST 2010 armv5tel GNU/Linux

      • karim kanso
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
          Hi fxper,

          Ive had a similar problem with ffmpeg, although on the bluering target. I
          had to re-compile with a different configure options, also updated ffmpeg to
          the bleeding edge at the same time.

          I dont fully remember the steps I took, but essentially I downloaded the
          optware source, built the tool chain, and xcompiled ffmpeg into an opt
          package using the optware build system.

          I do remember that I followed the "add a package to optware" how to,
          http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/AddAPackageToOptware but instead of
          adding, I updated the ffmpeg Makefile (part of optware sources).

          It should be said, that although it is a lot of work and time getting the
          optware build system running, in the end its worth it as you can easily
          compile software for your device.

          Hope this is of help.
          Karim Kanso

          On 14 February 2011 20:07, fxper <fxper@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > The version of ffmpeg in optware that I'm using[1] on my device[2] is from
          > 2008:
          > ffmpeg - 0.svn20080409-3 - FFmpeg is an audio/video conversion tool.
          >
          > But more importantly, it doesn't support libfaac, so it can't remux mkv's:
          > Unknown encoder 'libfaac'
          >
          > I've tried compiling it myself but it's quite a tangled mess of
          > dependencies, and ends up failing.
          >
          > Would anyone be willing to update ffmpeg with libfaac support for the
          > cs08q1armel optware feed?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > [1]
          > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable/Packages.gz
          > [2] Synology DS211j, Linux DiskStation 2.6.32.12 #1354 Sat Oct 23 00:49:24
          > CST 2010 armv5tel GNU/Linux

        • oddballhero
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2011
            If you go to http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/stable/Packages . You can look up the package and contact the maintainer.