Re: Cheap Dealextreme alternative to the Slug

  • oddballhero
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2011
      Good, you can probably chroot to it on the pogoplug with the dual core and run it faster. I was going to try it with OE Ångström.
      You should place the information about SlugOS and Sheevaplug on the wiki. I also had a Guruplug but that went up in a blaze of glory.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mwester@..." <mwester@...> wrote:

      > FYI, the dev version of SlugOS supports the Sheevaplug (which is the developers version of the pogoplug).
      > -Mike

    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26, 2011
        Can also use Jeff Doozan's uboot http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/ for Pogoplugs, GoFlex, and Dockstars as long as you provide a uImage on /boot. Bring it on, the more, the merrier.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "mwester@..." <mwester@...> wrote:

        > FYI, the dev version of SlugOS supports the Sheevaplug (which is the developers version of the pogoplug).
        > -Mike

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26, 2011
          I stand corrected. Although, running as a chroot is hardly satisfactory for my uses, for many that is probably acceptable. As for running from USB, step 2 in the instructions would stop me dead in my tracks:

          2 - Get a serial interface connected through a RS232-TTL converter. The serial parameters are 38400-N-1. The board have some holes in which the pins can be connected, next to the processor.

          As soon as they start connecting looking for an RS232-TTL converting and connecting it next to the processor, I see costs going up, as well as flaming wreckage from my attempts to connect something next to the processor with my solder gun.