Help on Error connecting python 2.6 with mySQL5 problem

  • olivers_own
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2011
      I am getting the following error on a ASUS RT16 tomato VPN installation:

      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "tedlogdb.py", line 5, in <module>
      import MySQLdb
      File "/opt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
      import _mysql
      ImportError: File not found

      I installed Optware package Python2.6, py-mysql and mysql5 (Version 5.0.88).
      I get no error using mysql (version 4.1.22) but I would really like to use mySQL5. So just switching the mysql packages introduced that error.
      I would really appreciate any ides how to connect to mysql5 using python. Or any workarounds.