Re: [nslu2-general] Can't access web interface after upslug2 install

  • Mark Spohr
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2010
      Thanks for this detailed answer. I had guessed that there was a good reason
      for keeping the old settings but had no idea it was this complicated to
      reset the settings to default. Anyway, I now thoroughly understand the
      problem and can take steps to prevent future confusion.

      BTW, although I am not a very good programmer, I would think that the the
      option b below (create a separate firmware image that resets the settings to
      default) would probably be the easiest to implement. It may be that this
      would only be run before reflashing a new OS since I imagine that each OS
      version keeps its settings in a unique place and it would be difficult to
      keep track of all of these. This would, nonetheless, be very useful it you
      had a slug with an unknown history and wanted to start fresh. If you are
      upgrading or tweaking a known good system, you should know the configuration
      settings and wouldn't need to reset to default.

      Thanks for all of your help.

      Regards,
      Mark

      --