ffmpeg configure issue on mbwe-bluering target

  • karim kanso
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2010

      I have been using the optware for a mybookworld blue ring host, and its been
      good.

      One issue I have come accross:

      The default configure options for ffmpeg allow for compiling with armv5 and
      v6 support. This can cause issues at runtime because ffmpeg detects the cpu
      wrongly and will execute the wrong block of asm, yielding the error "Invalid
      Instruction".

      I reconfigured ffmpeg with --disable-armv6 and have not had any issues
      since. Im not sure that this is the best way, possibly using the --cpu=
      option is better but I could not make it work?

      This would be nice to add to the build system so that mbwe-bluering hosts
      (and possibly others) can properly run ffmpeg.

      Karim Kanso