Re: [nslu2-general] Anyone heard

  • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2010
      On 10/21/2010 11:00 PM, Doug wrote:
      > Anyone heard from Mike Westerhof? The last post I see was 8/31 on here. I sent
      > him a couple of personal emails with no response.

      I've heard from him, quite recently in fact. Apparently, Mr. Westerhof
      has been unable to keep up with his email, a situation that is unlikely
      to change anytime real soon. His job, it seems, requires constant
      travel, international borders, and draconian firewalls, all of which
      conspire to ensure that he is completely unable to work on anything
      hobby-related during the week (and inexplicably, he seems to feel that
      the few hours each weekend he has free should be spent with his family
      rather than his hobby).

      He's optimistic that this situation will change -- someday (assuming
      that the US economy corrects, and that the central US ceases its
      headlong rush to regress to an agricultural economy).

      Until then, his appearances on IRC or email will be sporadic at best.

      He also wishes to note that SlugOS is not dead, merely hibernating. And
      thanks to the efforts of folks like Khem Raj and Frans Meulenbroeks,
      SlugOS remains buildable as a distribution in the ever-changing
      OpenEmbedded build environment.

      Happy NSLU2-ing.
      -Mike