Anyone heard

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2010
      Anyone heard from Mike Westerhof? The last post I see was 8/31 on here. I sent
      him a couple of personal emails with no response.

      Doug

      Doug Crompton
      WA3DSP
      www.crompton.com
    • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2010
        On 10/21/2010 11:00 PM, Doug wrote:
        > Anyone heard from Mike Westerhof? The last post I see was 8/31 on here. I sent
        > him a couple of personal emails with no response.

        I've heard from him, quite recently in fact. Apparently, Mr. Westerhof
        has been unable to keep up with his email, a situation that is unlikely
        to change anytime real soon. His job, it seems, requires constant
        travel, international borders, and draconian firewalls, all of which
        conspire to ensure that he is completely unable to work on anything
        hobby-related during the week (and inexplicably, he seems to feel that
        the few hours each weekend he has free should be spent with his family
        rather than his hobby).

        He's optimistic that this situation will change -- someday (assuming
        that the US economy corrects, and that the central US ceases its
        headlong rush to regress to an agricultural economy).

        Until then, his appearances on IRC or email will be sporadic at best.

        He also wishes to note that SlugOS is not dead, merely hibernating. And
        thanks to the efforts of folks like Khem Raj and Frans Meulenbroeks,
        SlugOS remains buildable as a distribution in the ever-changing
        OpenEmbedded build environment.

        Happy NSLU2-ing.
        -Mike