Re: [nslu2-general] IPKG problems

  • gothick
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 27, 2010
      biodiesel_bri wrote:

      > I'm also having the same problem, specifically this file returns a 404 not
      > found:
      >
      > http://ipkg2.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/slugos4be/cross/unstable/ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_armeb.ipk

      I'm glad it's not just me; tried to update my elderly NSLU2 this morning for
      the first time in ages, and found the same repository problems. The ipk
      files seem to redirect on the server, but the redirect goes to a nonexistent
      file. It's the same feed I've been using for some years; I've not changed
      any of the ipkg configuration...

      Matt
    • james_robertson2000
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
        Absolutely, so this is just a temporary fix. I don't know how long the mirror I have used has been up, nor how long it will remain up. If people make sure that they comment out (rather than delete) the original repositories in the .conf files then they can easily revert to them at any time.

        Jim

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > >
        > > Below, I list the five .conf files on *MY* system, each of which need editing. The text in the lines below each file name is everything that is in the edited file. The # just comments out the existing line so that you can manually revert to it later if you want.
        > >
        > > PLEASE NOTE: your system might have different .conf files to mine - after doing this and running ipkg upgrade, I've ended up with two additional .conf files:
        > > optware-nslu2-cross-stable.conf
        > > optware-nslu2-native-stable.conf
        > >
        > > Therefore, make sure you edit all of the .conf files in /etc/ipkg on your system as appropriate.
        > >
        > > cross-feeds.conf:
        > > #src/gz cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable
        > > src/gz cross ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/
        > >
        > > native-feeds.conf:
        > > #src/gz native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/native/stable
        > > src/gz native ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/optware/nslu2/native/stable
        > >
        > > oe-feed.conf:
        > > #src/gz oe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta
        > > src/gz oe ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/unslung/modules/cross/6.8-beta
        > >
        > > unslung-cross.conf:
        > > #src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross
        > > src/gz unslung-cross ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/unslung/cross
        > >
        > > unslung-native.conf:
        > > #src/gz unslung-native http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/native
        > > src/gz unslung-native ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/nslu2/feeds/unslung/native
        > >
        > > 3. Using Putty (or whatever other program you use to get command line access to your NSLU2, enter:
        > > ipkg update
        > >
        > > Check the output from that command to make sure that all of the downloads are from the above ftp site, and not from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org. If any are from from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org, you need to double-check your .conf files (above), edit them as appropriate and repeat this step.
        > >
        > > 4. Finally, we're going to do the upgrade. Word of warning: one of the upgraded packages for me was the feeds package, which will want to change the various .conf files (which we manually edited above) back to their default state. Personally, I just hit enter to do the default option of keeping the files we manually edited (above).
        > >
        > > Bearing in mind that warning, just enter:
        > > ipkg upgrade
        > >
        > > 5. Checking the /etc/ipkg directory after that's all done, I've got a couple of new .conf files - you might want to check your system as well and edit any new .conf files as we did in step 2 so that they point at the mirror for the next time you use ipkg.
        > >
        > > 6. That's it - job done.
        > >
        > > :)
        > >
        > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "biodiesel_bri" <biodiesel_bri@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I'm also having the same problem, specifically this file returns a 404 not found:

      • oddballhero
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 6, 2010
          Hello,
          I am not an expert by any means but there does not seem to be a slugos4be anymore, there is a slugos5be. There are two choices, stable and unstable, here is the stable:
          http://ipkg2.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/slugos5be/cross/stable/
          I guess you can try this on your ipkg.con
          For the unstable, make the appropriate change. I am also getting responses from my posts.