Optware prevents shutdown after Synology firmware 3.0.1337 update

  • shimh_eric
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2010
      After Synology firmware 3.0.1337 update, optware causes the unit to hang during reboot or shutdown process. So shutdown is never completed. Later I found if I do killall asterisk, and maybe other pieces in /opt/etc/init.d, such as ldap, before restart, the restart/shutdown will be successful.

      My unit is Synology DS1010+

      In my init.d, there are S52saslauthd, S58slapd, and S99asterisk.sh.

      Any idea on how to fix?
    • eric
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
        A workaround is available for this issue. The detailed discussion and the
        solution (post 13) can be found in
        http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=162
        <http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=28464&p=113603#p113603>
        &t=28464&p=113603#p113603. The main idea is to stop all optware daemon
        processes before the unit is shut down.

        Could the developers integrate it into the ipkg and affected optware
        installation packages (i.e., if Sxx script is needed)? The solution should
        also be compatible with previous versions of Synology firmware as long as it
        supports Synology packages.

        Thanks.