Are there any developers of NSLU2 still active?

  • ikke_nl_nl
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2010

      I would very much like to see this project working with Ruby on Rails and Redmine.
      Is someone still active with this project?

      Please let me know.

      Thanks.
    • Mike Westerhof
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2010
        ikke_nl_nl wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I would very much like to see this project working with Ruby on Rails and Redmine.
        > Is someone still active with this project?
        >
        > Please let me know.

        Indeed, there are many people still active with this project.

        -Mike (mwester)
      • ikke_nl_nl
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2010
          Hi Mike,

          Why is there no activity on the website then?
          The last report is from 2007!
        • Mike Westerhof
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2010
            ikke_nl_nl wrote:
            > Hi Mike,
            >
            > Why is there no activity on the website then?
            > The last report is from 2007!

            I'm not even sure to which web site you refer. The wiki has certainly
            been updated. But in any case, developers remain active; optware in
            particular is very actively maintained and available for many different
            hosts.

            If there is something in specific that you wish to contribute or a
            question you wish to ask, this is the mailing list on which to do so.
            Go ahead!

            -Mike (mwester)
          • sszretter
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2010
              I have been dealing with an issue where my nslu2 will not boot and will also not go in to upgrade mode via the reset button.

              So I finally figured out how to get in to redboot mode, and was able to use the upgrade command and flash that way.

              It still would not boot, but I found if I go in to redboot, and not press control-c, it boots! Currently I have SlugOS installed, boots fine and I can log in.

              However, if I power down or tell SlugOS to reboot, the unit reboots and just sits with the amber light and ethernet green light. Never goes further.

              any ideas?
            • Mike Westerhof
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2010
                sszretter wrote:
                > I have been dealing with an issue where my nslu2 will not boot and will also not go in to upgrade mode via the reset button.
                >
                > So I finally figured out how to get in to redboot mode, and was able to use the upgrade command and flash that way.
                >
                > It still would not boot, but I found if I go in to redboot, and not press control-c, it boots! Currently I have SlugOS installed, boots fine and I can log in.
                >
                > However, if I power down or tell SlugOS to reboot, the unit reboots and just sits with the amber light and ethernet green light. Never goes further.
                >
                > any ideas?

                Do you have the serial console mod on your NSLU2? Sounds like the same
                symptoms that happen when the serial cable is un-terminated, and
                reflects the transmitted data back down the recieved data line. The
                result is that the NSLU2 stops the boot because it thinks it sees data
                coming from the console to interrupt the boot.

                If not, then I would look for something similar that might stop the boot
                -- perhaps a defective power or reset button?

                -Mike (mwester)
              • ikke_nl_nl
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
                  Are there any developers that have done something with Ruby on a Slug?