nslu2 cant get in to upgrade mode - help?

  • sszretter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2010
      so I have an NSLU2 that was previously flashed - I am not sure WHICH one it is however (I have more than one) - it is either a debian flash, or I believe unslung.

      I can not seem to get it in to upgrade mode. When I plug the unit in, hold the reset button, push the power button - keeping the reset button held, the top light is orange, but does not change. I have tried letting go of the button after 7 seconds, 10 seconds several times, no difference.

      When the unit powers on normally (without holding anything) with network connected, I get orange status light, green ether light - thats it. The ether light will flash like you would expect with broadcasts.

      I did a network scan, it is not there (arp-scan).

      If I plug in a usb drive, it flashes like crazy, but no difference otherwise, even waiting a long time.

      I think the reset button might be bad, as I tried shorting the two button pins instead of pressing the button and I got a different response - after about 10 seconds if I let go, the 4 lights flash in sequence a couple times, similar to what it does when debian boots I think. BUT, then all the lights go off except ethernet, then a minute or so later the unit shuts off...

      ??