Re: [nslu2-general] any thoughts on gigabit?

  • Mike Westerhof
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2010
      jrb2971 wrote:
      > I know the nslu2 has a 100mb connection. I guess it would be difficult to hack it and add a gigabit connection. Then again, wouldn't using a Gigabit to usb adapter still be faster than 100mb? usb2 = 480mb. So wouldn't if be possible to exceed 100mb? or even slap a wifi usb adapter (802.11n) to try to get over 100mb?

      The NSLU2 doesn't have what it takes to drive a Gb network connection
      with any firmware of which I'm aware. You would do better by finding
      something with a lot more RAM and a bit more CPU. The Sheevaplug might
      be a better candidate.

      -Mike (mwester)
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2010
        There would be no point. Even overclocked, the NSLU2 is too slow to use more than about 30% of the 100mb connection speed.