Changing file/directory attributes

  • gsakkos
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2005
      I am trying to change the properties of files to be "read only" and
      I get access denied all the time. It is not a a security thing (not
      set to read only rights), as proof I can delete the files.

      I have even tried to go to plain vanilla xp command prompt, change
      to disk share path and use good old fashioned "attrib +R *.* /s"
      command and again, I get access denied.

      Read only is certainly not one of those unique NTFS related
      attributes, so it should not be something related to SMB not
      supporting a feature of full NTFS.

      any ideas????