Re: [nslu2-general] panic, nslu suddenly dead?

  • Dennis van Paassen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 21, 2010
      Hi matcalf,

      If you have a windows machine you could try a ext2 driver for windows as
      found on http://www.fs-driver.org/
      then you could mount your ext3 drive as read only so you can acces your
      files.
      I suggest read only because else you could change your config and the drive
      becomes useless.

      btw a new power supply isn't that expensive.

      grtz
      dennis

      2010/7/21 matcaley <m.caley@...>

      > Hi all,
      > I have the same problem as coldnan but no replacement power supply (checked
      > all devices in my flat but no joy). Following suggestions elsewhere on this
      > board I tried to access the files using an Ubuntu live CD. Initially no
      > problems, all my files are there however I was not able to open/move them
      > as
      > apparently I didn't have permission as I was not the owner of the files.
      >
      > Bit of a newbie to Linux and any suggestions of what I have done wrong and
      > how to work around this would be much appreciated.
      >
      > thanks
      >

      > matcaley
      >
      > --

    • matcaley
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 23, 2010
        THanks, I tried the drivers and the read only approach and am backing up all
        the data onto another drive.

        Initially I had issues with the ext2 driver as it found but would not mount
        my drive but used the mountdiag.exe program to solve this.

        Panic over

        Matcaley