Re: [nslu2-general] panic, nslu suddenly dead?

  • matcaley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 21 9:11 AM
      Hi all,
      I have the same problem as coldnan but no replacement power supply (checked
      all devices in my flat but no joy). Following suggestions elsewhere on this
      board I tried to access the files using an Ubuntu live CD. Initially no
      problems, all my files are there however I was not able to open/move them as
      apparently I didn't have permission as I was not the owner of the files.

      Bit of a newbie to Linux and any suggestions of what I have done wrong and
      how to work around this would be much appreciated.

      thanks

      matcaley

    • Dennis van Paassen
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 21 2:36 PM
        Hi matcalf,

        If you have a windows machine you could try a ext2 driver for windows as
        found on http://www.fs-driver.org/
        then you could mount your ext3 drive as read only so you can acces your
        files.
        I suggest read only because else you could change your config and the drive
        becomes useless.

        btw a new power supply isn't that expensive.

        grtz
        dennis

        2010/7/21 matcaley <m.caley@...>

        > Hi all,
        > I have the same problem as coldnan but no replacement power supply (checked
        > all devices in my flat but no joy). Following suggestions elsewhere on this
        > board I tried to access the files using an Ubuntu live CD. Initially no
        > problems, all my files are there however I was not able to open/move them
        > as
        > apparently I didn't have permission as I was not the owner of the files.
        >
        > Bit of a newbie to Linux and any suggestions of what I have done wrong and
        > how to work around this would be much appreciated.
        >
        > thanks
        >

        > matcaley
        >
        > --

      • matcaley
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 23 5:48 AM
          THanks, I tried the drivers and the read only approach and am backing up all
          the data onto another drive.

          Initially I had issues with the ext2 driver as it found but would not mount
          my drive but used the mountdiag.exe program to solve this.

          Panic over

          Matcaley