py-genshi build fails

  • Tim Moloney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2010
      I'm trying to build the py-genshi package for syno-i686 (see my previous
      email message "py25-trac-0.12-1 ipkg vs. py25-genshi-0.5.1-2 ipkg"),
      however the build fails with the following.

      ranlib ../lib/libncurses_g.a
      make[8]: Leaving directory
      `/home/tmmoloney/optware/host/builds/ncurses/ncurses'
      gcc ../objects/tic.o ../objects/dump_entry.o -I../progs -I.
      -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
      -DNDEBUG -I/opt/include/ncurses -O2 --param max-inline-insns-single=1200
      -static -L../lib -lncurses -L../lib -lncurses -dynamic -ldl -o tic
      /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[7]: *** [tic] Error 1

      Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get py-genshi built? I've
      attached a log of my build session. I'm running Fedora 12.

      Thanks,
      Tim

    • Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2010
        I've upgraded py-genshi and 0.6 ipk's should be in all feeds.

        I'll take a look at the build problem when I have some time. The build problem does not occur on the official builder, probably because we're using an old (8.04) ubuntu distribution.

        -Brian

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Tim Moloney <t.moloney@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to build the py-genshi package for syno-i686 (see my previous
        > email message "py25-trac-0.12-1 ipkg vs. py25-genshi-0.5.1-2 ipkg"),
        > however the build fails with the following.

        > ranlib ../lib/libncurses_g.a
        > make[8]: Leaving directory
        > `/home/tmmoloney/optware/host/builds/ncurses/ncurses'
        > gcc ../objects/tic.o ../objects/dump_entry.o -I../progs -I.
        > -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
        > -DNDEBUG -I/opt/include/ncurses -O2 --param max-inline-insns-single=1200
        > -static -L../lib -lncurses -L../lib -lncurses -dynamic -ldl -o tic
        > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
        > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        > make[7]: *** [tic] Error 1
        >
        > Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get py-genshi built? I've
        > attached a log of my build session. I'm running Fedora 12.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tim

      • Tim Moloney
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2010
          Brian wrote:
          > I've upgraded py-genshi and 0.6 ipk's should be in all feeds.

          It installed perfectly. Thanks. :)

          BTW, I noticed that py-trac is missing the py-setuptools dependency,
          which I had to install manually.

          > I'll take a look at the build problem when I have some time. The build problem does not occur on the official builder, probably because we're using an old (8.04) ubuntu distribution.
          >
          > -Brian

          In addition to a Fedora 12 box (which may be too new), I only have
          access to a rhel4u3 box and a Fedora 6 box (both of which are too old,
          autoconf < 2.61). However, I'd be happy to do any test builds on my
          Fedora 12 box to check any possible fixes you have.

          Thanks for the help.

          Tim