ipkg feeds back on track

  • thorsvind
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2010
      I found this on other web pages; you should try if you still can't use ipkg properly. It worked fine for me.

      In fact you need to modify your "unslung-cross.conf" file located in /etc/ipkg/

      Use ssh or telnet to edit it and replace what you get with:

      src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/

      The http:// address should be slightly different from what you had so far.

      Then you can run ipkg update again and install what you want!
      Hope it helps!
      ++
    • bjorn.kvisli
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2010
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "thorsvind" <thorsvind@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I found this on other web pages; you should try if you still can't use ipkg properly. It worked fine for me.
        >
        > In fact you need to modify your "unslung-cross.conf" file located in /etc/ipkg/
        >
        > Use ssh or telnet to edit it and replace what you get with:
        >

        > src/gz unslung-cross http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/
        >
        > The http:// address should be slightly different from what you had so far.
        >
        > Then you can run ipkg update again and install what you want!
        > Hope it helps!
        > ++

        Hi, after doing this I was able to do a ipkg upgrade, but when trying to install cups, I still get errors:

        ipkg install cups
        Installing cups (1.4.3-1) to root...
        Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable//cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk
        wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
        Nothing to be done
        An error ocurred, return value: 22.
        Collected errors:
        ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-RTOZTs http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable//cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk'
        Failed to download cups. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
        #
      • bjorn.kvisli
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 21, 2010
          Today I managed to install cups. Was the package missing yesterday?
        • Brian
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2010
            There was some problem upgrading cups from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, but it has been worked around.

            -Brian