[nslu2-general] Unslung NSLU2 usb boot fails

  • GSV_NFA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2010
      My sluggy currently hangs on boot with Status light off, Eth green and USB
      green after it got hit with a few rapid power dropouts recently.

      If I boot without the USB (thumb)drive in it'll boot up ok. I then plug in
      the stick and can 'mount -a' and both data and conf partitions pop up
      (/share/hdd/data on /dev/sdb1, ...conf on ...sdb2). /sdb3 is defined as
      swap and gives a fail message - I assume due to boot via internal flash.

      If I fsck the partitions using 'fsck.ext3 -f' they both report no problems.
      I thought it may have been a rogue pid somewhere on the data partition but
      after removing the ones I could see under var/run and var.state I'm still
      stuck.

      With USB stick in, boot hangs
      Without USB stick in, boots ok, and can manually mount USB ok.

      I'm not sure whether to re-flash the NSLU or try to rebuild a new USB stick
      (slightly problematic as my old Linux box was recently given away), but
      would welcome any suggestions as to other places to look before starting
      from scratch, including how to check if /dev/sdb3 (swap) has cr*pped out.

      Thanks,
      G.