Re: [nslu2-general] Re: V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta kernel module ipaq

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2010
      In message <hua6pl+fedf@...>, smoralis <smoralis@...>
      writes

      >--- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <robham@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> In message <hu68ru+995e@...>, smoralis <smoralis@...>
      >> writes
      >> >Hello all,
      >> >
      >> >Can someone help me , I need kernel module usb ipaq.
      >> >I tried usbserial module , but my device needs also the ipaq module.
      >> >
      >> >I wish to connect a GPS device as a terminal to monitor the slug with
      >> >PocketPutty.
      >> >
      >> I have all of the modules for 6.10 so can send by email if requested.
      >>
      >> But there may be a possible problem, the modules that I have are built
      >> on my own build system, which is a different system to the core build
      >> machines. My point is that my home built modules may be slightly
      >> different so perhaps my cause some problems to you.
      >>
      >> To test this safely you would need to just load the module using insmod
      >> at a console prompt and then monitor if the module is working or not.
      >> If not working then re-booting your slug would then recover safely.
      >> --
      >

      >Thanks Robert for your reply.
      >Please email your custom built module so I can give it a try.

      I have just checked the built modules and unfortunately it would appear
      that the ipaq kernel module is not available for Unslung 6.10, I think
      because Unslung is based on Linux 2.4. Searching using google seems to
      indicate that ipaq needs Linux 2.6.

      The ipaq kernel module is definitely included with slugos 5.5 distro so
      if you need this module then you may need to change distros.
      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2010
        Thanks anyway for your time.
        I guess its time for me to upgrade to a more recent disto.