Re: Asus RT-N16

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
      Yes, I am familiar with DD-WRT, I use it on all my routers. But I find that DD-WRT is rather limited, compared to debian on an NSLU2. I have yet to find a way to install arbitrary Linux packages under DD-WRT. The webserver under DD-WRT, is thttpd, which does not implement fetching byte ranges of files, so it is hopelessly inadequate for tasks like serving up video files.

      I've seen vague references to ports of NSLU2 packages to run under DD-WRT, but I have yet to find a where to obtain these ports, how to install them, and how to build my own.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
        Silly me, I just found it in the 5th page of my google search:

        http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware

        The instructions are a bit confusing, because they go write into how to install particular packages, without first saying what you need to install... But it looks like if I follow the instructions up to installing ipkg, I can then install any package that has been ported.
        That includes just about everything I need:

        http://ipkg2.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/