Re: [nslu2-general] Help setting up Wordpress

  • Kevin Frye
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2 2:25 PM
      Originally the permissions were too limited and I would get an access denied
      message.
      I went all the way up the chain setting all folders and the filles in my
      webroot to 755 and even 777.
      The only thing that changed was instead of getting the access denied I get
      blank pages.
      It seems obvious that there is either a permissions issue or a PHP error.
      When I run the test page it returns all the php, apache, and mysql settings.
      Html files also display properly.

    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3 1:19 PM
        In message
        <AANLkTinJPAAO6LdVhmjGfa1OxIMmVJy_pzBmubc7RiFR@...>, Kevin
        Frye <kevindfrye@...> writes

        >Originally the permissions were too limited and I would get an access
        >denied
        >message.
        >I went all the way up the chain setting all folders and the filles in my
        >webroot to 755 and even 777.
        >The only thing that changed was instead of getting the access denied I get
        >blank pages.
        >It seems obvious that there is either a permissions issue or a PHP error.
        >When I run the test page it returns all the php, apache, and mysql
        >settings.
        >Html files also display properly.

        The following web page contains some scripts that can be used to set the
        correct file permissions for web pages:-

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheThttpdWebserver

        I have wordpress working just fine on my slug, I think that I had to
        increase some memory limits in the php config file for it to work.

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA