Re: IPKG Feeds Down?

  • kullberg73
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27 11:35 PM
      My ipkg update seems to be working (as it has all the time) it's the ipkg install mediatomb that gets an 404...

      When I run ipkg install mediatomb i get the following error:
      ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-dBvZZk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_armeb.ipk'
      Failed to download mediatomb. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

      perhaps it's possible to change the path for the feed, but I don't know how...

      Cheers!

      Kullberg

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
      >
      > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
      >
      > -Brian
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
      > >
      > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
      > >
      > > /Björn

    • bjorn.kvisli
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2010
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

        > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
        >
        > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
        >
        > /Björn

        The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
        for a long time. See messages below.

        ipkg install cups
        Installing cups (1.4.3-1) to root...
        Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk
        wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
        Nothing to be done
        An error ocurred, return value: 22.
        Collected errors:
        ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-X0EsLe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk'
        Failed to download cups. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

        Regards,
        Bjørn
      • maik_nospam_reiss
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2010
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bjorn.kvisli" and "kullberg73" wrote:

          > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
          > >
          > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
          > >
          > > /Björn
          > >

          > The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
          > for a long time. See messages below.
          > [...]
          > HTTP 404
          > [...]

          Hi,
          I was not able to install midnight commander (mc) from IPKG for days. Always got the same error message, you got, for days. But back from vacation on June/05, it then worked fine from Hannover/Germany via GMX/DSL.

          May be there is some global routing problem?

          Greetings,
          Modem Man