Re: IPKG Feeds Down?

  • kullberg73
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2010
      My ipkg update seems to be working (as it has all the time) it's the ipkg install mediatomb that gets an 404...

      When I run ipkg install mediatomb i get the following error:
      ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-dBvZZk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_armeb.ipk'
      Failed to download mediatomb. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

      perhaps it's possible to change the path for the feed, but I don't know how...

      Cheers!

      Kullberg

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

      > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
      >
      > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
      >
      > -Brian
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
      > >
      > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
      > >
      > > /Björn

    • kullberg73
      Message 2 of 9 , May 28, 2010
        Tried to do this:

        change the unslung-cross.conf to:

        src/gz unslung-cross
        http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/

        Now it seems to be working...

        Cheers

        /Bullberg

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

        > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
        >
        > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
        >
        > -Brian
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
        > >
        > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
        > >
        > > /Björn

      • bjorn.kvisli
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2010
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

          > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
          >
          > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
          >
          > /Björn

          The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
          for a long time. See messages below.

          ipkg install cups
          Installing cups (1.4.3-1) to root...
          Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk
          wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
          Nothing to be done
          An error ocurred, return value: 22.
          Collected errors:
          ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-X0EsLe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk'
          Failed to download cups. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

          Regards,
          Bjørn
        • maik_nospam_reiss
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 2010
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bjorn.kvisli" and "kullberg73" wrote:

            > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
            > >
            > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
            > >
            > > /Björn
            > >

            > The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
            > for a long time. See messages below.
            > [...]
            > HTTP 404
            > [...]

            Hi,
            I was not able to install midnight commander (mc) from IPKG for days. Always got the same error message, you got, for days. But back from vacation on June/05, it then worked fine from Hannover/Germany via GMX/DSL.

            May be there is some global routing problem?

            Greetings,
            Modem Man