Re: IPKG Feeds Down?

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2010
      Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).

      When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.

      -Brian

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

      > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
      >
      > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
      >
      > /Björn

    • kullberg73
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2010
        My ipkg update seems to be working (as it has all the time) it's the ipkg install mediatomb that gets an 404...

        When I run ipkg install mediatomb i get the following error:
        ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-dBvZZk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_armeb.ipk'
        Failed to download mediatomb. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

        perhaps it's possible to change the path for the feed, but I don't know how...

        Cheers!

        Kullberg

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

        > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
        >
        > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
        >
        > -Brian
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
        > >
        > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
        > >
        > > /Björn

      • kullberg73
        Message 3 of 9 , May 28, 2010
          This is what I do:

          # ipkg install mediatomb
          Installing mediatomb (0.11.0-5) to root...
          Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_a
          rmeb.ipk
          wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
          Nothing to be done
          An error ocurred, return value: 22.
          Collected errors:
          ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp
          -q -P /tmp/ipkg-3Tp3QA http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatom
          #

          Cheers

          /Kullberg

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

          > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
          >
          > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
          >
          > -Brian
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
          > >
          > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
          > >
          > > /Björn

        • kullberg73
          Message 4 of 9 , May 28, 2010
            Tried to do this:

            change the unslung-cross.conf to:

            src/gz unslung-cross
            http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/

            Now it seems to be working...

            Cheers

            /Bullberg

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

            > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
            >
            > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
            >
            > -Brian
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
            > >
            > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
            > >
            > > /Björn

          • bjorn.kvisli
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6 1:05 PM
              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

              > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
              >
              > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
              >
              > /Björn

              The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
              for a long time. See messages below.

              ipkg install cups
              Installing cups (1.4.3-1) to root...
              Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk
              wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
              Nothing to be done
              An error ocurred, return value: 22.
              Collected errors:
              ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-X0EsLe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk'
              Failed to download cups. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

              Regards,
              Bjørn
            • maik_nospam_reiss
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7 10:40 PM
                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bjorn.kvisli" and "kullberg73" wrote:

                > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                > >
                > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                > >
                > > /Björn
                > >

                > The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
                > for a long time. See messages below.
                > [...]
                > HTTP 404
                > [...]

                Hi,
                I was not able to install midnight commander (mc) from IPKG for days. Always got the same error message, you got, for days. But back from vacation on June/05, it then worked fine from Hannover/Germany via GMX/DSL.

                May be there is some global routing problem?

                Greetings,
                Modem Man