Re: [nslu2-general] IPKG Feeds Down?

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2010
      I can send by private e-mail mediatomb for Unslung NSLU2 if requested.

      In message <htldpa+1kdf@...>, kullberg73 <bjorn@...>
      writes

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2010
        I would really appreciate that, my email is kullberg73@.... And, if you have the time or docs, I would appreciate a explanation of how to install it if I get it like a file? Where to put in in the slug and how to run "install", using Telnet (since I cant install openssh either...) And basically how to put in the slug since I don't seem to have access to add or delete files in under the ADMIN 2 (disk) not by connecting to Windows Explorer or by FTP to the slug...

        Cheers!

        /Kullberg

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <robham@...> wrote:

        > I can send by private e-mail mediatomb for Unslung NSLU2 if requested.
        >
        > In message <htldpa+1kdf@...>, kullberg73 <bjorn@...>
        > writes
        > >Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden
        > >and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable
        > >feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob,
        > >dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked
        > >as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install
        > >MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the
        > >mentioned problem...
        > >
        > >Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
        > >
        > >/Björn
        > >

        > --
        > Robert Hammond
        > PGP:0x154144DA
        > 592B 0199 2D7F FC05 C4B1 0404 2258 4471 1541 44DA

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2010
          Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).

          When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.

          -Brian

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

          > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
          >
          > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
          >
          > /Björn

        • kullberg73
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2010
            My ipkg update seems to be working (as it has all the time) it's the ipkg install mediatomb that gets an 404...

            When I run ipkg install mediatomb i get the following error:
            ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-dBvZZk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_armeb.ipk'
            Failed to download mediatomb. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

            perhaps it's possible to change the path for the feed, but I don't know how...

            Cheers!

            Kullberg

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

            > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
            >
            > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
            >
            > -Brian
            >
            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
            > >
            > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
            > >
            > > /Björn

          • kullberg73
            Message 5 of 9 , May 28, 2010
              This is what I do:

              # ipkg install mediatomb
              Installing mediatomb (0.11.0-5) to root...
              Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_a
              rmeb.ipk
              wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
              Nothing to be done
              An error ocurred, return value: 22.
              Collected errors:
              ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp
              -q -P /tmp/ipkg-3Tp3QA http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatom
              #

              Cheers

              /Kullberg

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

              > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
              >
              > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
              >
              > -Brian
              >
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
              > >
              > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
              > >
              > > /Björn

            • kullberg73
              Message 6 of 9 , May 28, 2010
                Tried to do this:

                change the unslung-cross.conf to:

                src/gz unslung-cross
                http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/

                Now it seems to be working...

                Cheers

                /Bullberg

                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

                > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
                >
                > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
                >
                > -Brian
                >
                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                > >
                > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                > >
                > > /Björn

              • bjorn.kvisli
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2010
                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

                  > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                  >
                  > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                  >
                  > /Björn

                  The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
                  for a long time. See messages below.

                  ipkg install cups
                  Installing cups (1.4.3-1) to root...
                  Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk
                  wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
                  Nothing to be done
                  An error ocurred, return value: 22.
                  Collected errors:
                  ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-X0EsLe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk'
                  Failed to download cups. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

                  Regards,
                  Bjørn
                • maik_nospam_reiss
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2010
                    --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bjorn.kvisli" and "kullberg73" wrote:

                    > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                    > >
                    > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                    > >
                    > > /Björn
                    > >

                    > The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
                    > for a long time. See messages below.
                    > [...]
                    > HTTP 404
                    > [...]

                    Hi,
                    I was not able to install midnight commander (mc) from IPKG for days. Always got the same error message, you got, for days. But back from vacation on June/05, it then worked fine from Hannover/Germany via GMX/DSL.

                    May be there is some global routing problem?

                    Greetings,
                    Modem Man