IPKG Feeds Down?

  • kullberg73
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2010
      Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...

      Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!

      /Björn
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2010
        I can send by private e-mail mediatomb for Unslung NSLU2 if requested.

        In message <htldpa+1kdf@...>, kullberg73 <bjorn@...>
        writes

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2010
          I would really appreciate that, my email is kullberg73@.... And, if you have the time or docs, I would appreciate a explanation of how to install it if I get it like a file? Where to put in in the slug and how to run "install", using Telnet (since I cant install openssh either...) And basically how to put in the slug since I don't seem to have access to add or delete files in under the ADMIN 2 (disk) not by connecting to Windows Explorer or by FTP to the slug...

          Cheers!

          /Kullberg

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <robham@...> wrote:

          > I can send by private e-mail mediatomb for Unslung NSLU2 if requested.
          >
          > In message <htldpa+1kdf@...>, kullberg73 <bjorn@...>
          > writes
          > >Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden
          > >and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable
          > >feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob,
          > >dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked
          > >as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install
          > >MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the
          > >mentioned problem...
          > >
          > >Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
          > >
          > >/Björn
          > >

          > --
          > Robert Hammond
          > PGP:0x154144DA
          > 592B 0199 2D7F FC05 C4B1 0404 2258 4471 1541 44DA

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2010
            Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).

            When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.

            -Brian

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

            > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
            >
            > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
            >
            > /Björn

          • kullberg73
            Message 5 of 9 , May 27, 2010
              My ipkg update seems to be working (as it has all the time) it's the ipkg install mediatomb that gets an 404...

              When I run ipkg install mediatomb i get the following error:
              ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-dBvZZk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_armeb.ipk'
              Failed to download mediatomb. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

              perhaps it's possible to change the path for the feed, but I don't know how...

              Cheers!

              Kullberg

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

              > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
              >
              > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
              >
              > -Brian
              >
              > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
              > >
              > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
              > >
              > > /Björn

            • kullberg73
              Message 6 of 9 , May 28, 2010
                This is what I do:

                # ipkg install mediatomb
                Installing mediatomb (0.11.0-5) to root...
                Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatomb_0.11.0-5_a
                rmeb.ipk
                wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
                Nothing to be done
                An error ocurred, return value: 22.
                Collected errors:
                ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp
                -q -P /tmp/ipkg-3Tp3QA http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/mediatom
                #

                Cheers

                /Kullberg

                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

                > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
                >
                > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
                >
                > -Brian
                >
                > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                > >
                > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                > >
                > > /Björn

              • kullberg73
                Message 7 of 9 , May 28, 2010
                  Tried to do this:

                  change the unslung-cross.conf to:

                  src/gz unslung-cross
                  http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/

                  Now it seems to be working...

                  Cheers

                  /Bullberg

                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b88zhou@...> wrote:

                  > Can you post the URL you used? The feeds seem to be fine from here (US west coast).
                  >
                  > When the feeds were down a week ago, we got lot more problem reports. Need to understand the scope of the problem first.
                  >
                  > -Brian
                  >
                  > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                  > >
                  > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                  > >
                  > > /Björn

                • bjorn.kvisli
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2010
                    --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kullberg73" <bjorn@...> wrote:

                    > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                    >
                    > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                    >
                    > /Björn

                    The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
                    for a long time. See messages below.

                    ipkg install cups
                    Installing cups (1.4.3-1) to root...
                    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk
                    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
                    Nothing to be done
                    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
                    Collected errors:
                    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-X0EsLe http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/cups_1.4.3-1_armeb.ipk'
                    Failed to download cups. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

                    Regards,
                    Bjørn
                  • maik_nospam_reiss
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 7, 2010
                      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bjorn.kvisli" and "kullberg73" wrote:

                      > > Tried Yesterday (wednesday) at 21.00 (GMT+1 or UTC+1) here in sweden and it didn't work. Still getting 404s for both cross and unstable feeds on my end. A bit disappointing since I, as a totally Linux Noob, dived into the black hole and did an unslung on the NSLU2 whick worked as a charm, BUT the whole idea of the unslinging was to to install MediaTomb (or perhaps uShare) but I can't install because of the mentioned problem...
                      > >
                      > > Anyone please post a message here when it's up again!
                      > >
                      > > /Björn
                      > >

                      > The feeds don't work in my lovation (Norway) either, and they haven't
                      > for a long time. See messages below.
                      > [...]
                      > HTTP 404
                      > [...]

                      Hi,
                      I was not able to install midnight commander (mc) from IPKG for days. Always got the same error message, you got, for days. But back from vacation on June/05, it then worked fine from Hannover/Germany via GMX/DSL.

                      May be there is some global routing problem?

                      Greetings,
                      Modem Man